This feature is in Crawl.
We have now introduced new functionality to allow setting up productions even faster in DISCO.
The new production settings feature allows users to set a default production configuration that will then load each time they start creating a new production. These settings can be saved without having to run a production. Along with setting a default, there are also starter settings available to help get productions up and running even faster. As always, users can copy from previous production formats.
Setting a database default
Users can now define a particular configuration on the Create new production page that will apply to all new productions in the database automatically. Saving a default includes all options, settings, and fields on the page with the exclusion of the document set parameters. This default can always be modified for a particular production.
To save a default:
- Modify the settings, parameters, and fields on the Create page as you desire.
- When everything is set, click on Production settings at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of the dropdown, select the option to “Set current settings as database default”.
- Accept the confirmation message to set your configuration as the default, or click Cancel to exit and make changes.
Each time a user clicks Create new in this database from the Productions page, the current default will be loaded to the page. A new default can be saved at any time. If an accidental or unintended change is made, simply utilize the Copy from Previous functionality to apply the previous desired settings to the page and save as the new default.
Reverting to the DISCO standard settings
If at any time you would like to return to the basic settings DISCO utilizes in a brand new database, navigate to Production Settings > DISCO standard. This will revert all settings on the page.
Applying a starter setting
DISCO now has starter settings to give you a head start when configuring productions and metadata for the DOJ Antitrust, SEC and FTC. The specific mappings can be viewed for each starter here.
To apply a starter:
- Click on Production settings at the top of the page.
- In the Predefined settings section at the top of the dropdown, select the starter you would like to apply.
- After the settings have applied to the page, continue configuring as needed with the head start that has been provided.