You have several search strings you need to create in DISCO. Use sampling of your search results to review and confirm your search results return the documents you intended.
From the DISCO search bar, enter in one of the following new queries:
Sampling Search Syntax
- sample(0.1, “any query”) - gives you 10% of search results set
- sample(500, “any query”) - gives you a maximum of 500 documents from search results set
- sample(10%, “any query”) - gives you 10% of search results set
Within the parenthesis, enter your search query. For example, to search a random 10% sample of the keywords budget, fraud, or inquiry within the custodian Jeff Skilling with a date range of 1/1/2000 - 1/1/2002, use sample(10%,("budget" "fraud" "inquiry") & custodian("Jeff Skilling") & date(1/1/2000 to 1/1/2002)).
Some important items to note:
- IF you search or refresh the page, it will give you a new random subset of documents.
- IF you give it a number that is more than the search results, it will give you the total number of search results.
- IF you use the sample query, sort order for search results is disabled.
Please note, this feature is only available for select new matters created on or after August 22nd, 2015. Look for it in your next matter!