You’re tasked with organizing referenced exhibits for a brief that must be filed by midnight. Layer on the fact that you’re receiving an updated draft with new and renumbered exhibits every 15 minutes. Sound familiar?
By the end of this short tutorial, you will be able to:
- Add exhibits to a set, order, and reorder them as they appear in a brief.
- Download an organized, appropriate set of exhibits with cover sheets for filing with the court.
To create an exhibit set for a motion:
- Run a search for the relevant documents and then click the Add to Exhibit Set icon.
- In the Add to exhibit set dropdown, enter a name for the exhibit set and then click Add.
- In the main menu, click Exhibit Sets.
- On the exhibit page, click Reorder Exhibits.
- In the Reorder Exhibits by dropdown, select Bates Number and then click Reorder.
NOTE: As new documents come in, repeat the process and reorder the documents to match the brief. If there is an exhibit that is not in DISCO, add a placeholder. When the brief is completed, confirm the order of exhibits matches the brief add in a title/description for each exhibit. Make sure to select the appropriate document version.
- Click the Change dropdown and select the appropriate document prefix.
- To download and print the exhibit set, on the exhibit page, click Create New Download. DISCO recommends that you select Each document in a separate file for the output setting, Don't Include for the cover sheets setting, and to select the Include index and Include titles/descriptions checkboxes.