Create tags on the fly
To make your review easier, you may now create tags directly from the document review screen. This feature will allow you to quickly create new tags as you view documents without needing to leave the document viewer. Click in the tagging pane and begin typing the name of a tag to locate an existing tag. If the tag does not already exist, DISCO will give you the option to create a new tag and assign it to a tag group. This capability is available for users with the role(s) of administrator or reviewer. Restricted reviewers may not add new tags on the fly.
removedTag( ) search syntax
You now have the ability to search who removed tags, and what tags they removed. Similar to the tag( ) syntax, you may use the following search syntax:
|removedTag(responsive)||Any documents from which the responsive tag was removed by anyone|
|removedTag(by firstname.lastname@example.org)||Any documents from which any tags were removed by email@example.com|
|removedTag(responsive & by firstname.lastname@example.org)||Any documents from which the responsive tag was removed by email@example.com|
|removedTag(by firstname.lastname@example.org & on 10/16/2015||Any documents from which any tag was removed by email@example.com on 10/16/2015|
|removedTag(responsive by firstname.lastname@example.org & after 10/16/2015)||Any documents from which the responsive tag was removed by email@example.com after 10/16/2015|
This feature is available in databases created on or after February 16, 2016.
Expanded search index columns
DISCO has added several new columns of metadata to the search index.
To run a search index:
- Run a search in your database.
- On the results screen, click Download Results Index.
- The system will create and download an Excel file of your search results index. You can also download this file later from the Reports page. The search index columns include:
id Reference ID Doc Type Custodian Family Date Create Date Last Modified Send Date Path FileName Author Page Count File Length Doc. Extension Dedupe Hash to from cc bcc Recipients Subject BatesNumbers Tags Folders Doc. Notes Privilege Notes Parent Count Child Count Total Copies Has Redactions Redaction Reasons
Bates Number column in the privilege log
When you create and download a privilege log in DISCO, you will now see an additional column, Bates Number, in the log. This column will provide any Bates numbers that have been appended to privileged documents.
To create a new privilege log:
- Complete a review of your database documents. Any document that is tagged with a privilege tag or has a redaction added to the document will automatically be added to the privilege log.
- In the main menu, click Privilege Log.
- On the Privilege Log page, click Download Privilege Log.
To re-run a privilege log, in the main menu, click Privilege Log and then click Download.
* = databases on V1 of DISCO, launched before 2015, will not be receiving these updates.