At DISCO, we are listening to your feedback and working hard to make sure the product meets your unique needs. Here are new features coming to all of your active databases* this Tuesday.
Create Tags On-The-Fly
To make your review easier, you may now create tags directly from the document review screen. This feature will allow you to quickly create new tags as you view documents without needing to leave the document viewer. Simply place your cursor in the tagging pane and begin typing the name of a tag, as you would usually do, to locate an existing tag. If the tag does not already exist, DISCO will give you the option to create a new tag and assign it to a tag group. This capability is available for users with the role(s) of administrator or reviewer. A restricted reviewer may not add a new tag on-the-fly.
"Removed Tag" Search Syntax
Next, for any database created 02/16/2016 or after, you now have the ability to search who removed tags, and what tag(s) they removed. Similar to the tag() syntax, you may use the following search syntax:
|removedTag(responsive)||Any documents from which the responsive tag was removed by anyone|
|removedTag(by firstname.lastname@example.org)||Any documents from which any tags were removed by email@example.com|
|removedTag(responsive & by firstname.lastname@example.org)||Any documents from which the responsive tag was removed by email@example.com|
|removedTag(by firstname.lastname@example.org & on 10/16/2015||Any documents from which any tag was removed by email@example.com on 10/16/2015|
|removedTag(responsive by firstname.lastname@example.org & after 10/16/2015)||Any documents from which the responsive tag was removed by email@example.com after 10/16/2015|
Expanded Search Index Columns
Per popular request, you now have several more columns of metadata added to the search index. To run a search index, complete the following steps:
- Complete a search in your database
- From the results screen, click on the control option "Download Results Index"
- The system will create and download an excel file of your search results index. You can also download this file later from the reports page. The Search Index columns include:
id Reference ID Doc Type Custodian Family Date Create Date Last Modified Send Date Path FileName Author Page Count File Length Doc. Extension Dedupe Hash to from cc bcc Recipients Subject BatesNumbers Tags Folders Doc. Notes Privilege Notes Parent Count Child Count Total Copies Has Redactions Redaction Reasons
Bates Number as a Column in the Privilege Log
Lastly, when you create and download a privilege log in DISCO, you will now see an additional column, Bates Number, in the log. [This column will provide any bates numbers that have been appended to privileged documents.] To create a new privilege log, complete the following steps:
- First, complete a review of your database documents. Any document that is tagged with a privilege tag or has a redaction added to the document will automatically be added to the Privilege Log.
- From the top menu: Create > Privilege Log.
- Select the control option "Download Privilege Log".
To re-run a privilege log, you may also go into the top menu: Analyze > Reports > Privilege Log > Download.
* = databases on V1 of DISCO, launched before 2015, will not be receiving these updates.