Creating fields in the document viewer
To create a custom field in DISCO:
- On the DISCO home page, in the main menu, click Fields. To be able to add a new field, you must have Admin level access in your DISCO database.
- On the Fields page, in the Add a new field text box, enter a name for your new field.
- In the Accessible to dropdown, select the users you want to have access to the field.
- In the Document Viewer, the custom field will be displayed in the Fields section.
- Enter the appropriate data for the custom field. You can also hide empty fields.
Admins can only see fields in the document viewer that they have been given access to, but they can create custom fields.
Reviewers and Restricted Reviewers can only see fields in the document viewer that they have been given access to and will not have access to create custom fields.
Adding fields to your review stage decision panel
The custom fields created in your DISCO database can also be incorporated in the decision panel when setting up a Review Stage.
Please note that only those users who have access to a field can add and edit the field data.
Searching for fields
You can search the contents of fields to which you have access using the field name.
- To find documents that contain the word "important" in a field named "Deposition," search for:
- To find documents that contain the words "possibly privileged" in a field named "PSL Notes," search for:
“psl notes”(“possibly privileged”), or
- To find documents that contain the word "important" in any field to which you have access, search for:
- Wildcard (*) and truncation (!) can be used in the field name and the contents in the examples above. For example, you can search any field name starting with "PSL" that contain variations of the word "depo":
You can also search for documents that have any data in a field, regardless of the contents:
- To find documents that have any contents in a field named "Deposition," search for:
- To find documents that have any contents in a field named "PSL Notes," search for:
has”PSL Notes”(), or
- To find documents that have any contents in any fields, search for:
- Wildcard (*) and truncation (!) can be used in the field names above. For example, to find documents that contain any data in any field names starting with "PSL," you can search for:
- Conversely, specifying false instead of true in the examples above will return documents that do not contain data in the fields.
Fields and custom columns
If there are custom fields ingested into your DISCO database via loadfile, you can view these fields as columns in your view. For more information on how to set up custom columns in DISCO, the Creating custom columns in search.