This feature is currently in crawl.
To ingest load files into a database:
- On the DISCO home page, in the main menu, click Ingest.
- On the Ingest page, click New Ingest and then click Load file.
- On the Name and description page, enter a name and an optional description for the load-file ingest. The ingest name and title will be displayed on the ingest card.
- On the Choose production folder page, navigate to the unzipped production folder (also called the volume) that contains all load files, native files, image files, and text files to be ingested.
- On the Load files page, within the volume you selected, select the data load file and, if present, the image load file. Make sure the file paths in the load files are relative to the folder/volume selected in the previous step. For example, if you selected a folder/volume that organizes all image files under the path images/0001/, then all references to image files in the load file must begin with that path (e.g., images/00001/00001.tiff).
- On the Field mapping page, map the load-file fields to DISCO’s fields. Not all load-file fields must be mapped and not all DISCO fields must be used. To map a load-file field, click on the placeholder to the right of the field that reads unmapped. Then, begin typing the DISCO field to associate with that field. If a DISCO field already exists, it will appear below your typing and can be selected. If a DISCO field does not already exist, you will see an option to create a new custom field.
If the field mapping tool does not properly display your data load-file fields or it displays an error message, then there is something wrong with your load file’s delimiters.
The three types of delimiters are:
- Field separator - A character separating the columns.
- Field quote - The character used to “quote” or group multiple items together, like a phrase.
- Multi-value delimiter - A character used to delimit multiple values within a column (e.g. ,“Kinsley, Dave”;”Slovacek, Jerry”,)
DISCO will pre-populate the delimiters based on the selected load file type. These values can be changed by selecting a different value from the delimiter dropdown lists.
For more information about mapping fields in load file ingest, see Load-file ingest fields.
Once you’ve finished mapping all the fields, click Next.
- On the Ingest options page, select the options for deduplication and handling exceptions. Note: Exception handling by DISCO Professional Services is a billable service.
- Review everything on the Summary page and ensure it is correct. When you’re sure the ingest has no mistakes, click Ingest.