This feature is currently in crawl.
Before you get started
DISCO Review’s new native ingest feature requires that you first install the high-speed uploader on your local machine. Please ensure you have the following ready before you begin:
- Use the Chrome browser. We currently support the Chrome browser. In particular, Internet Explorer and Edge browsers may have settings that do not allow communication between the high-speed uploader and DISCO Review.
- Allow pop-ups. Disable any pop-up blockers for DISCO Review. Pop-up blockers may not allow you to download the high-speed uploader.
- Be a computer admin. You must be able to download and install the high-speed uploader on your computer. To do this, you must be a local administrator on your computer. Speak to your IT team if you are not.
- No firewalls or proxy. To use the uploader, your network firewalls must not block it and you must not use a network proxy. Please refer your IT administrator to the “Prerequisites for IT Administrators” section of the Ingesting native files using the high-speed uploader article for information.
- Have read permissions. To upload files, you must have read permissions for all of the files that will be uploaded.
Installing the high-speed uploader
To install the high-speed uploader:
- On the DISCO Review home page, in the main menu, click Ingest.
- On the Ingest page, click Install high-speed uploader. If the button isn’t present, the uploader is probably already installed on your computer.
- On your computer, open the DISCO Agent Installer file with the extension.exe.
- If you are prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- Select the installation location and click Install.
Note: If you are using a Windows computer and you get a warning message such as the following, click Run anyway to continue installing the high-speed uploader.
- When the installation is complete, close the window.
- Once the program is installed, you can start using it to ingest data.
The Ingest options step of native ingest includes an exception (errors) handling option.
- Send exceptions to DISCO Data Operations for review (recommended) – Any errors generated during your native file ingest will be sent to DISCO Data Operations to be addressed and remediated, if applicable. Additional charges will apply.
- I got this! – Any errors generated during your native file ingest will be your responsibility to address. You can view these errors by downloading an Ingest Exception Report and following DISCO’s suggested remediation steps as outlined in Understanding and remediating ingest exceptions.
For more information about native ingest, see:
- Troubleshooting native ingest
- Native ingest for IT administrators
- Understanding and remediating ingest exceptions