This feature is currently in walk.
Before attempting to install the high-speed uploader in a hosted environment like Citrix, please be aware that the hosted environment may limit the performance of the high-speed uploader. After installation, if the environment limits upload performance, please contact DISCO Support to determine if the high-speed uploader is a good fit for your hosted environment.
- On the DISCO home page, in the main menu, click Ingest.
- On the Ingest page, click Install high-speed uploader to download the DISCO Agent executable file.
- You can host the executable file in a location your users can access.
DISCO’s native ingest feature requires users to install the high-speed uploader on their local machines. The high-speed uploader coordinates with the DISCO application and Amazon Web Services to initiate a high-speed transfer of files into DISCO. Users can control the high-speed transfers from within the DISCO application. To enable the high-speed uploader for your organization please consider the following:
- Users must have permission to install software on their computers.
- Hosted desktop environments like Citrix may limit high-speed uploader performance. If after installation you find that the hosted environment limits the performance of the high-speed uploader, please contact DISCO Support to share your hosted environment configuration.
- The high-speed uploader must read from the Windows registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Users must use the Chrome browser. Internet Explorer and Edge browsers may have settings that do not allow communication between the high-speed uploader and DISCO.
- Disable any pop-up blockers for DISCO. Pop-up blockers may not allow you to download the high-speed uploader.
- To use the uploader, your network firewalls must not block it and you must not use a network proxy.
- To upload files, you must have read permissions for all of the files that will be uploaded.
- Network settings must allow the high-speed uploader to communicate with DISCO and Amazon Web Services. For best performance, please allow access to the Native file ingest URLs.
- Quality of service policy: The high-speed uploader uploads data at the maximum rate the local network allows. If you would like to control the upload speed of the high-speed uploader, please configure a Quality of Service policy on your network using the Native file ingest URLs. Please consult your network firewall configuration for details.
- If you would like to run the high-speed uploader in a manner that doesn't conform to these settings, please contact DISCO Support.
Note: If you would like to run the high-speed uploader in a manner that doesn't conform to these settings, such as through a proxy or packet inspection, contact DISCO Support. Please note, running the high-speed uploader via alternative methods will cause significant uploader performance degradation and could prevent the uploader from working.
Issue: The upload speeds are slow.
Solution: Ensure that SSL inspection is disabled on your network. SSL inspection limits the performance of the high-speed uploader. Disable SSL inspection on the Native-file ingest URLs.
Issue: Users are reporting a “Connection Lost” status during DISCO ingest sessions.
Solution: If the connection does not recover automatically, ensure that the network settings allow local machines to access to the Native-file ingest URLs.
Ensure the following ports are usable:
- Localhost: 43950 and 43951
- S3 and DISCO servers: 443
Issue: Users are reporting that the high-speed uploader does not start.
Solution: Ensure that your environment allows the high-speed uploader to access the following Windows registry information: