You’re tasked with keeping track of the master set of deposition exhibits, which fortunately are numbered consecutively in your case. Unfortunately, locating and arranging them has proved more difficult than expected. To whom did the court reporter send the last set of transcripts again? How in the world will you corral all of the exhibits into one place for remote access by the entire team, since the depositions are continuous but are taken by different attorneys, different parties, and different court reporters? By the end of this short tutorial, you will be able to:
- Add exhibits into one, compiled (ever expanding) set within DISCO Review.
- Efficiently manage the exhibits throughout discovery.
- Store the depositions for easy access and printing by all the members of your team.
Begin the process by ingesting the exhibits into DISCO Review. After you receive the PDF version of deposition exhibits from the court reporter, send them to a compressed ZIP folder. Then, drag-and-drop the ZIP into the DISCO Review Ingest Natives screen. For more information on using the self-ingest tool, see Preparing your files for ingest and choosing an ingest method.
To create an exhibit set:
- Search for the relevant documents or click the notification bell and open the ingest details of the exhibits.
- On the search results screen, click the Add to exhibit set icon. Create a new set or add your documents to an existing set.
- In the main menu, click Exhibit Sets.
- In the exhibit set details, click Open.
- Click Change to review and rearrange the order of the documents to make sure they are correct.
- (Optional) Add a label or a title/description to each exhibit. The label and title/description will appear on the index and cover sheet when downloaded.
- When you are finished, click Save.
To download an exhibit set:
- On the Exhibit Sets page, click Create New Download. A few options to note:
- How should we output the documents? – If you’re planning on making hard copies, select All documents together.
- Cover Sheets – DISCO recommends selecting Include with title and description.
- Index – DISCO recommends selecting Include index and Include titles/descriptions.
- Click Create to begin your download. A notification will be created once the download has completed.
You now have a cloud-based repository from which to access and manage all of your exhibits during a case.