The search builder is used to build and execute searches based on a single field or tag, or a combination of criteria. Supported search fields are displayed on the left. On the right is search help, which provides you with search syntax formatting options, including operator choices that you can insert into the field. Click or drag-and-drop the desired fields to the palette on the right to begin constructing your search.
To open the search builder:
- On the DISCO home page, click in the search bar and then click SEARCH BUILDER.
All DISCO-supported search fields are located on the left panel:
- COMMONLY USED – Most frequently searched fields
- WORK PRODUCT – Includes information added by users, such as tags, redactions, and notes
- RELATED DOCUMENTS – Includes information about parents, children, conversations, and similar documents
- METADATA – Includes data extracted from natives files or provided through load files
- INGEST – Includes details around the processing outcomes of documents ingested into DISCO
- You can either scroll the list to browse the DISCO search language, or search to filter through the available fields. Once you’ve identified the field you’re looking for, click or drag-and-drop the desired search fields into the search canvas to start constructing your search.
- Build onto your search by adding additional filters. Click the search operator dropdown to select or, &, or not operators for the search filters.
- Nest a group of search strings by adding parentheses. Hover over the beginning of the search string and click the opening parenthesis to add it. Click the system-generated closing parenthesis to close the group.
When you have finished building the search string, click Run search.
If there’s an existing query in the search box above, there will be additional options available on the Run search button, allowing you to append your search builder query to the existing one. Click the Run search dropdown to view the options, along with the number of documents that would result by selecting AND, OR, or NOT with the existing search. This allows you to see a comparison of results that return depending on how you set up your search.
The search help panel provides definitions of search fields, clickable templates to help complete a search syntax, and all applicable search operators. The panel also displays the order of operations, and a link to DISCO's comprehensive search guide. To hide the help panel, click Hide search help.