Deleting documents in a DISCO can now be completed within the database, without the need for a support ticket.
However, document deletion is permanent. If you are unsure whether you want to delete documents from your database, feel free to reach out to DISCO’s Professional Services team for advice on how to archive documents or full databases.
Document deletion is performed like any other mass action, with documents selected via a search or by using the checkboxes in the document list.
You can also delete documents by deleting an ingest session. Deleting an ingest session will explain how to delete an ingest session.
Deleting documents from your database
Only review database administrators can perform document deletions.
- Document deletion might be necessary due to a court order or a legal agreement, such as in a clawback. No matter the reason, document deletion is performed like any other mass action, with documents selected via a search or by using the checkboxes in the document list.
- The main difference between this action and other mass actions is that once you've clicked Delete documents, you will see two warning screens. The first warning screen will give you the option to vault the documents instead of deleting them. You can learn more about vault by clicking Learn more about Vault.
- If you click No thanks to continue with document deletion, a second warning screen will include information about the particular collection of documents you selected. Colored boxes at the top of the screen alert you to the fact that some of the selected documents have a complication or concern you should be aware of. This screen also includes a link to download a pre-deletion report.
- You should read all of the warnings carefully, since you may wish to vault your documents, make changes to which documents are being deleted, or export a list of the documents before deletion.
- After you have deleted your documents, you may need to refresh the window for the documents to disappear from your database's list.
- For a training video about DISCO's document deletion feature, see Document deletion - Feature spotlight.