DISCO now provides you with the capability to edit documents you have already ingested into a review database, by utilizing overlay files. Previously, overlays could only be created by DISCO’s Professional Services and Support team.
An overlay updates a document or document instance already ingested in DISCO by replacing or updating a new value on the document. Overlays can be used to change the metadata, image, OCR text, or native file of a document.
DISCO’s overlay features uses the high-speed uploader. Be sure to install the application before beginning your overlay.
If you need help performing your overlay or want to consult on the best approach, contact the DISCO Professional Services team.
In order to overlay data in a review database, you must first ensure that the overlay file meets these minimum requirements:
- The overlay file is either a standard Concordance (.dat) or Comma Separated (.csv) file.
- The overlay file is encoded in ASCII or UTF-8 format with delimiters. (A delimiter is a character or symbol in an overlay file that separates the overlay file fields. If the overlay file uses special delimiters, they must be valid UTF-8 characters.)
- How to update fields and metadata using Overlay
- How to update native files or text in DISCO using Overlay
- How to update or create tags in DISCO using Overlay
- How to update images using Overlay