DISCO’s high-speed uploader is used to transfer files for Native, Load File and White Glove ingests.
To download and install the high-speed uploader:
- In the DISCO main menu, click Ingest.
- On the Ingest page, click Install high-speed uploader. If the button isn’t available, the uploader is probably already installed on your computer.
- On your computer, open the DISCO Agent Installer file.
- If you are prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- Select the installation location and click Install.
Note: If you are using a Windows computer and you get a warning message such as the following, click Run anyway to continue installing the high-speed uploader.
When the installation is complete, close the window.
Once the program is installed, you can start using it to ingest data.
Updating the high-speed uploader
DISCO periodically updates the high-speed uploader to improve performance, increase security, and add features. When an update is available, you will be prompted to re-install the application.
There are two kinds of updates to the high-speed uploader, forced updates and optional updates.
Optional updates provide access to the best performance and newest features, but are not required.
Forced updates are required updates and are generally for security improvements.
Select “Update now” and follow the wizard to update the high-speed uploader. After selecting "Update Now" the DISCO Agent will automatically download the updated version of the high-speed uploader and begin the install process.
Once the update is complete, you will see a notification on the ingest page. When you see the notification, you're ready to begin your ingest.
You can always check which version of the DISCO Agent is installed by right clicking on the agent icon while it's running.