During production, you may need to specify the reasons for redactions. To include redaction reasons in DISCO:
- On the DISCO home page, open a document in the document viewer.
- In the left panel, under ACTIONS, click Add Redaction (if none exist) or Edit Redactions.
- Click and drag across the document to select the redaction area. In the pop-up, select a color for the redaction, and do one of the following:
- Use the last redaction reason.
- Select a reason from the dropdown list.
- Type a redaction reason.
If the redaction reason text does not fit within the redaction itself, a symbol will be created and a resizable legend will appear at the top of the page.
- When your redaction is complete, click Save.
All redactions appear opaque when they’re produced, though the text of the redaction reason will be readable, overlaying each one where it is applied.
To review the statistics or globally delete redaction reasons, on the DISCO home page, in the main menu, click Redaction Reasons.