To create a user defined field:
- In the DISCO main menu, click Fields. To be able to add a new field, you must have Admin-level access in your DISCO database.
- On the Fields page, in the Add a new field text box, enter a name for your new field.
- In the Accessible to dropdown, select the users you want to have access to the field.
- In the document viewer, the field will be displayed in the FIELDS section.
- Enter the appropriate data for the field. You can also hide empty fields.
Admins and Reviewers can only see fields in the document viewer that they have been given access to, but they can create fields.
Restricted Reviewers can only see fields in the document viewer that they have been given access to and will not have access to create fields.
Adding fields to your review stage decision panel
The fields created in your DISCO database can also be incorporated in the decision panel when setting up a review stage.
NOTE: Only those users who have access to a field can add and edit the field data.
Searching for user defined fields
Please see the DISCO search syntax manual for help searching custom fields.