Use the DISCO sampling feature to preview a randomized sample of documents that you plan to produce.
Sampling search syntax
- sample(0.1, “any query”) – Returns 10% of search results set
- sample(500, “any query”) – Returns a maximum of 500 documents from search results set
- sample(10%, “any query”) – Returns 10% of search results set
sample(500, tag(Responsive) % tag(Attorney-Client) % tag(Work-Product))
would find a maximum-size 500-document sampling of all documents tagged Responsive but not tagged Attorney-Client or Work-Product. Such a sample could be used for quality control to check the contents of the production set qualitatively.
Some important items to note:
- IF you search or refresh the page, it will give you a new random subset of documents.
- IF you give it a number that is more than the search results, it will give you the total number of search results.
- IF you use the sample query, sort order for search results is disabled.