Use the DISCO sampling feature to preview a randomized sample of documents that you plan to produce.
- sample(0.1, “any query”) – returns 10% of search results set
- sample(500, “any query”) – returns a maximum of 500 documents from search results set
- sample(10%, “any query”) – returns 10% of search results set
For example - sample(500, tag(Responsive) % tag(Attorney-Client) % tag(Work-Product))- returns up to 500 documents tagged Responsive but not tagged Attorney-Client or Work-Product.
Some important items to note:
- Re-running a search will return a new random subset of documents.
- The sort order of the search results is disabled when using sampling.