This article relates to updates to DISCO productions coming in July or August 2021. Please contact support if you would like early access.
As part of our continuing efforts to improve the efficiency and usability of DISCO productions, we have updated the way you can customize your own productions in DISCO and added over 60 additional fields to choose from. See this link for a list of all available metadata fields, including new default production fields.
Note: You can still use the “Copy format from a previous production” feature to copy your previously-used settings in a matter.
Here are the key improvements we made:
- Additional metadata fields and output options -- we’ve added over 60 new fields you can produce as well as additional output options for dates, times, duration and file size.
- Improved metadata load file field picker and bulk formatting options -- quickly find the metadata fields you need, easily edit and reorder individual fields, and bulk format the all field names (uppercase or remove spaces) with a single click.
- Improved default metadata selections -- we’ve changed the defaults fields in the metadata load file to reflect common production specs and the names are now more descriptive.
- Expanded production details -- you’ll see every setting used for the production, including slipsheet selections and the metadata load file fields..
- International date and time support -- you can now customize the output options for the date and time fields in the metadata load file (including an option for dd/mm/yyyy and other standard formats).
If you have any questions, you can reach out to DISCO Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.