When tagging a document, you can choose from three different family propagation options:
- This document only – Tags (or removes a tag from) the selected document, without tagging any of its attachments or family members.
- Document and attachments – Tags (or removes a tag from) the selected document and tags all attachments under the document in its family (such as its children and grandchildren).
- Entire family – Tags (or removes a tag from) the selected document and tags all other documents in its family (such as parents, children, and grandchildren).
You can set any of the three family propagation options as your default setting. Note: Even though you may choose which setting is your default, the initial default is Document and attachments.
Tagging emails in a conversation
When the document being reviewed is an email, the reviewer can elect to apply changes to all emails in the conversation.
To tag all emails in a conversation:
- In the document viewer, click the RELATED DOCUMENTS dropdown.
- In the Conversation section, click the tag icon.
- In the Select tags to apply or remove section, in the Apply changes to dropdown, select the documents to apply the tag to.
- Add or remove your tags, and then select the email threads to apply them to.
- Click Remove Tags to remove the tags from the selected emails, or +Add Tags to add the tags.
Note: If your database was created on or after 01/10/2017, you will propagate tags to entire conversations via the Threaded Conversations Browser.
Tagging multiple documents (Mass tag)
When applying a mass tag, you have the same three tag propagation options as when tagging a single document.