If the high-speed uploader isn’t working in your IT environment or you cannot ingest uploaded files, you can troubleshoot your issue (see below) or contact us.
Issue: The high-speed uploader works sometimes, but not always.
Issue: I’ve downloaded the high-speed uploader, but DISCO is still telling me to download it.
- Ensure the high-speed uploader is running. In your computer's system tray, you should see a DISCO icon that indicates the high-speed uploader is active. If you click the icon, it will tell you which version of the agent is running.
- Periodically, DISCO will release new versions of the high-speed uploader, and you may see a notification that there is a newer version. Most updates are optional to provide improved performance or capabilities and are shown with a blue banner. If there is a mandatory update, you will see a red banner notifying you of the required update.
- Ensure your organization’s network settings allow the high-speed uploader to communicate with DISCO. Contact your IT support team to ensure the high-speed uploader can communicate with the Ingest URLs.
Issue: The upload speeds are slow or I'm seeing a "Slow connection" warning.
Solution: Find out if you have SSL inspection enabled on your firewall, because this will degrade the uploader’s performance. If you do have SSL inspection enabled, ask for it to be disabled for uploader traffic. Refer your IT team to DISCO's High-speed uploader for IT administrators.
If you are running from a home network, your ISP may be limiting your upload speed. If the issue persists or is consistent, contact us and our Support team will help with more advanced troubleshooting and possible fixes.
Issue: I’m seeing the 404 error message.
Solution: This error can occur when there is a temporary connection issue. Wait 10-15 seconds and refresh the page.
If the issue persists for longer than one minute, contact us.
Issue: I’m seeing an warning message reading “Connection interrupted”
Solution: Check your network connection. Is your computer connected to the internet? Is the Agent still running on your machine?
If so, first refresh the page. Any in-progress transfers will continue trying to connect and restart as soon as the high-speed uploader can contact DISCO’s servers. If you are connected to the internet and refreshing does not help, try to restart the high-speed uploader application:
- In your computer's system tray, right-click DISCO Agent and then click Exit Agent.
- In the DISCO main menu, click Ingest. The uploader will have restarted and the upload should continue.
If this doesn't work, contact us. There could be issues with your ISP or network configuration limiting your upload connections. Our Support team will help with more advanced troubleshooting and possible fixes. To speed up troubleshooting, you will need the agent-log.txt file, which you can access by doing the following:
- (PC) In File Explorer, paste %localappdata%/CSDisco/RIFT/ into the address bar.
- (Mac) In Finder, navigate to /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/CSDisco/RIFT.