This feature is currently in walk.
- Use the Chrome browser. Internet Explorer and Edge browsers may have settings that do not allow communication between the high-speed uploader and DISCO.
- Allow pop-ups. Disable any pop-up blockers for DISCO. Pop-up blockers may not allow you to download the high-speed uploader.
- Be a computer admin. You must be able to download and install the high-speed uploader on your computer. To do this, you must be a local administrator on your computer. Speak to your IT team if you are not.
- No firewalls or proxy. To use the uploader, your network firewalls must not block it and you must not use a network proxy. If we need to work directly with your IT department for this to happen, contact us.
- Have read permissions. To upload files, you must have read permissions for all of the files that will be uploaded.
Your upload speed is determined by your network connection and available bandwidth. To test your local network speed, run the Internet Speed Test at fast.com and click Show more info. Find your network’s upload speed. Then, use this table to see how quickly you can ingest your documents using the high-speed uploader.
|Your network upload speed:|
|Mbps||GB per day||TB per day|
If you are unsure if these prerequisites are being met, ask your IT department to contact us. If you would like to run the high-speed uploader in a manner that doesn't conform to these settings, contact DISCO Support.
- Do not use password protection for any files. The connection with DISCO is secure and no additional encryption is necessary.
- Copy the data to a staging area and/or restrict access to the source location. If files are being accessed by others as the upload is occurring, the process will take longer. Make sure all files are not locked or open elsewhere.
- Do not combine small uploads into a single ingest.
- Break up larger uploads into smaller uploads with approximately 500 GB each. While the uploader can handle larger sets of data, the ingest process will not begin until the transfer of the entire data set is complete. If you ingest a data set of 2 TB in 500 GB increments, we can start ingesting the first 500 GB well before the entire 2 TB is uploaded. This will allow you to start reviewing faster.
- You may decrease upload time by using an additional computer. If your network’s internal and external bandwidth are high enough to support two concurrent uploads, we recommend installing the uploader on another computer and uploading different data sets on each. If you are unsure if your bandwidth is high enough, contact us the first time you use multiple machines. The team can view the initial progress to assess whether the additional upload is beneficial.