Before attempting to install the high-speed uploader in a hosted environment like Citrix, please be aware that the hosted environment may limit the performance of the high-speed uploader. After installation, if the environment limits upload performance, please contact DISCO Support to determine if the high-speed uploader is a good fit for your hosted environment.
- On the DISCO home page, in the main menu, click Ingest.
- On the Ingest page, click Install high-speed uploader to download the DISCO Agent executable file.
- You can host the executable file in a location your users can access.
DISCO’s ingest and overlay features require users to install the high-speed uploader on their local machines. The high-speed uploader coordinates with the DISCO application and Amazon Web Services to initiate a high-speed transfer of files into DISCO. Users can control the high-speed transfers from within the DISCO application. To enable the high-speed uploader for your organization please consider the following:
- Users must have permission to install software on their computers.
- Hosted desktop environments like Citrix may limit high-speed uploader performance. If after installation you find that the hosted environment limits the performance of the high-speed uploader, please contact DISCO Support to share your hosted environment configuration.
- The high-speed uploader must read from the Windows registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Users must use the Chrome browser or a Chromium-based browser. Internet Explorer and Edge browsers may have settings that prevent communication between the high-speed uploader and DISCO.
- Disable any pop-up blockers for DISCO. Pop-up blockers may not allow you to download the high-speed uploader.
- To use the uploader, your network firewalls must not block it and you must not use a network proxy.
- To upload files, you must have read permissions for all of the files that will be uploaded.
- Network settings must allow the high-speed uploader to communicate with DISCO and Amazon Web Services. For best performance, please allow access to the ingest URLs.
- Quality of service policy: The high-speed uploader uploads data at the maximum rate the local network allows. If you would like to control the upload speed of the high-speed uploader, please configure a Quality of Service policy on your network using the ingest URLs. Please consult your network firewall configuration for details.
- If you would like to run the high-speed uploader in a manner that doesn't conform to these settings, please contact DISCO Support.
Note: If you would like to run the high-speed uploader in a manner that doesn't conform to these settings, such as through a proxy or packet inspection, contact DISCO Support. Please note, running the high-speed uploader via alternative methods will cause significant uploader performance degradation and could prevent the uploader from working.
Issue: The upload speeds are slow.
Solution: Ensure that SSL inspection is disabled on your network. SSL inspection limits the performance of the high-speed uploader. Disable SSL inspection on the ingest URLs.
Issue: Users are reporting a “Connection Lost” or "Connection interrupted" status during DISCO ingest sessions.
Solution: DISCO software will automatically retry transferring data when connections are lost or interrupted. If the connection does not recover automatically, ensure that the network settings allow local machines to access the ingest URLs.
Ensure the following ports are usable:
- Localhost: 49530 and 49531
- S3 and DISCO servers: 443
Issue: Users are reporting that the high-speed uploader does not start.
Solution: Ensure that your environment allows the high-speed uploader to access the following Windows registry information:
For more information, see Uploading and ingesting native files.