The following are some basic components needed for all migrations:
- Metadata (.DAT) load file that includes:
- Unique identifier (BEGDOC or DOCID) that links the metadata .DAT file with the .OPT and natives
- Family identifiers (BEGATT or ParentID)
- All metadata they would like to migrate
- All work product (notes, fields, folder names, tags)
- Each should be in a separate column
- Image (.OPT) load files
- Include ALL natives in the export
- Images for documents that were produced with the correct stamps on the images. They do not need to be named with the production number, but they must reference the .dat/.opt.
- All redactions should be burned into the images
- DISCO does not need the text unless you would like us to use yours for searching purposes
To learn more about load files and image options, see Preparing data produced by other parties for ingestion.
Premium services may be required for the following items:
- Re-creating Relativity work product (such as folders).
- Relativity saved searches are similar to DISCO folders. To migrate these saved searches, you need to run a search or pull up the documents in Relativity that are within the saved search and identify them so that we can ingest them into DISCO with said identifier, search on that field, and then mass folder the documents into a DISCO folder.
- To recreate your searches as DISCO saved searches, we need a list of the document identifiers (BEGDOC) of the documents for each search, along with the search syntax.
Migration needs can vary from case to case and platform to platform. Therefore, we always encourage you to discuss your migration with us first. To discuss your migration needs, contact us.