These instructions apply to databases that have the organization manager feature in crawl or walk.
When you log in to DISCO Review, you will be directed to the Matter List page. This page shows all review databases that you have access to.
You can search for databases using the search bar at the top.
If a database is missing, it may not have been migrated to the new DISCO structure. Click Go to my legacy matters to see these databases.
Each database on the Matter List page has a card with the following information:
- Matter name
- Review database name
- Client matter number
- Jump to review app
- Matter menu
- Review database menu
Matter vs. database
Organizations, matters, review databases, and users exist in a hierarchical relationship in DISCO Review. An organization is usually a law firm, business, or nonprofit establishment. A matter is a case, lawsuit, grievance, or other interest that concerns the organization. Each matter has one or more review databases in DISCO Review, which contain the documents that need to be reviewed in order to resolve the matter.
Navigating a review database
To navigate to a review database, on the Matter List page, expand the matter card by clicking Show details. You'll see how many review databases there are, the ID number, the button to click to review the database, and the button that will open all other options
If you have permission to view the search page, you will be navigated to that page by default. From there, you can:
- Change what information is displayed in the document list and sort it
- Click on a document to begin reviewing the document list in the document viewer
- Narrow the document list using search filters
- Search for documents
- Navigate to search visualization
- Navigate folders
If you do not have access to the search page, navigating to the review database will direct you to a list of review stages and/or other locations you have permission to view:
You can navigate to other pages in the review database by selecting an option in the main menu.
- Review Team – Add and remove users and update permissions at the database level
- Statistics – See the number of documents, pages, tags, users, document types, and custodians in the database.
- Reports – View and download reports on batch print jobs, document list exports, privilege logs, and ingests.
- Ingest – Ingest documents into the database.
- Folders, Tags, Fields, and Redaction Reasons – Add, edit, and delete folders, tags, fields, or redaction reasons.
- Term Highlights – Edit what terms are highlighted and highlight colors.
- Search & Review – Navigate to the default search page.
- Search Visualization – See a visual representation of the database’s documents.
- Search Term Reports – View, edit, and download search term reports.
- Manage Review Stages – View, set up, and edit review stages that will be completed by the reviewers.
- Check Out Batches – Check out a batch of documents for review.
- Quality Control – Create, view, and review QC samples.
- Productions – Produce documents.
- Privilege Log – View and download the privilege log.
- Exhibit Sets – Create, edit, and download exhibit sets.